Please read our terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
If there is anything you do not understand, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone us on 0141 339 8944.
These terms and conditions may be changed at any time by us and we are not under any obligation to notify you of such changes.
Our contact details:
Scottish Dance Teachers’ Alliance, 101 Park Road, Glasgow, G4 9JE
Tel: 0141 339 8944
Company Registration Number: 315138
The term Scottish Dance Teachers’ Alliance (or SDTA or the SDTA) or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
“The Customer” means the person, firm or company ordering or buying goods from the SDTA.
“Products” and/or “Goods” means the goods or services including but not limited to annual membership, medal tests and examinations to be provided by us to the Customer in accordance with these terms.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the SDTA’s prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
If you create an account on the SDTA website, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should maintain the confidentiality and security of your password. If you think it has been used in an unauthorised manner, you should report it immediately.
The SDTA reserves the right to close accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders as appropriate. If we cancel an order, no charge to yourself will be incurred.
At all times we will be doing our utmost to maintain the availability of the site or limit the duration of any downtime. However, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the availability of the site at all times. Maintenance and repairs also have to be undertaken to improve the site which may disrupt our service.
Placing an Order with the SDTA
Making a purchase is easy. Just browse our store and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on ‘View Cart’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
When you place an order you are making an offer to the SDTA to purchase the goods detailed in the order subject to these terms.
When you have placed an order online we will send you an automatic email confirmation that your order has been received. This email is not a confirmation that your offer to purchase goods has been accepted and it is not a confirmation that we will be able to meet your order. A contract between you and the SDTA for the sale of the products will only exist when we send you an invoice.
All new orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice.
We have included these terms to protect us in case: a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
If, for any reason, there is a problem with your order we will contact you via email or phone. Please ensure you enter your details correctly when placing your order.
The SDTA may cancel any sale and not supply the products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of products at any time at its sole discretion. If an order is cancelled, any payment made for the products will be refunded in full.
You may normally cancel your order up to the point of despatch. If you do cancel your order within this time any payments made by you will be refunded.
Price and Payment
We currently accept online payment by Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and Maestro. To ensure that shopping online is secure we encrypt your credit/debit card details.
All transactions are collected in £GBP.
Every effort has been made to ensure the descriptions and prices of goods are correct. We will inform you as soon as possible in the event of an error in pricing or description coming to our attention.
Where we notify you of such an error, you will have the option of either:
1. Confirming your offer to purchase subject to the corrected description or price
2. Retracting your offer to purchase (and receiving a full refund if the Goods have been paid for)
Shipping and Handling
Our orders are sent by e-mail, Royal Mail and Parcelforce.
All deliveries are subject to stock availability and authorisation of your payment. Delivery time will be 14 days from receipt of the required paperwork.
All deliveries are free of charge, with the exception of syllabi and textbook orders. The postage charges on these items will be agreed with Customer prior to dispatch.
Please contact us as soon as possible if your order has not arrived. This will allow us to make a claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Contact us by e-mail or telephone and quote your order number.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to you directly or indirectly by late delivery. All dates quoted for delivery are estimated and may be subject to change.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have seven working days in which to cancel this Agreement if for any reason you are not happy with the products which have been delivered to you. This begins on the day after the day you receive the products from us. The returned product(s) must be in perfect condition (unused and in their original packaging) or we will not accept the return and your payment will not be refunded.
If you wish to return any goods please call or email us quoting the order number that we supplied you with and we will give you details of how to return your products.
Products are returned at your own cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value.
The SDTA cannot accept responsibility for any returned goods lost in transit and the goods remain the customer’s responsibility during transit and until signed for by us. We will refund the price of the item to the purchaser within thirty days of being received by us. A refund for the goods will be made by the same payment method and to the same card that was used to make the purchase.
Returns of Faulty Products
If the goods were delivered thirty days ago or less, we will offer to refund or replace confirmed-faulty goods once returned as per our returns policy above.
Products Damaged in Transit
If your goods have been damaged in transit please notify the SDTA within 24 hours of receipt of the damaged item. Please retain all the packaging the item was shipped in.
Once the damaged items are received back in accordance with our returns procedure we will send a replacement product or, if this is not possible, provide a full refund as per our returns policy above.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Law and Jurisdiction
The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you access our website.