The Scottish Dance Teachers’ Alliance has been providing first class training and support for both dancers and dance teachers worldwide since we were established by leading Scottish professionals in 1934.
The Alliance was created for the following purposes:
- To further the interests of the art of dancing in all its aspects
- To ensure that members are conversant with current accepted techniques and principles
- To give counsel and/or advice to any members requiring aid in reference to their profession
- To uphold a Code of Professional Conduct
The SDTA is an Awarding Organisation, validated by the Council for Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre, and is a member of the Royal Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing, the British Dance Council, the World Dance Council and the Theatre Dance Council International.
Services to teachers and dance students include:
- Medal tests, grade examinations and major examinations in many dance genres.
- Competitions and dance festivals.
- Conferences in the UK and overseas.
- “Days of Dance” for pupils of all ages.
- Lectures and workshops for teachers and students.
- Professional qualifications for dance teachers.